THIS BOX SET IS NOW AVAILABLE! CLICK HERE!
LORD: The Dungeon Era
This box set is the ultimate "WHAT IF" fan package!
WHAT IF the four official Dungeon albums were recorded in 2014, with the same open minded approach and huge production values of the last couple of LORD albums?
WHAT IF you could turn back the clock and mix the classic Dungeon recordings with current technology and production techniques?
WHAT IF there was a way to package this up to give better-than-CD-quality audio, as well as a traditional, tangible experience of owning the albums on CD?
WHAT IF we could do all of this and make sure the original writers on those albums got their dues?
WONDER NO MORE! READ ON!
WHAT IS IN THIS BOX SET?
- All 4 of the official Dungeon albums ("Resurrection," "A Rise To Power," "One Step Beyond" and "The Final Chapter") plus rare, unreleased Dungeon songs (some pre-dating even the "Changing Moods" demo EP release) as bonus tracks, recorded by the 2014 LORD lineup (with some elements taken from the original Dungeon recording sessions) over 4 CDs
- An "Access All Areas" style pass that flips out to become a USB key, which contains:
- All 4 re-recorded albums in both MP3 and better than CD quality 24-bit HD Audio
- The origninal, unaltered Dungeon performances of "Resurrection" (1999 release), "A Rise To Power" and "One Step Beyond," entirely remixed and remastered with current techniques and presented in both MP3 and 24-bit HD Audio
- The "Changing Moods" demo EP digitally remastered and presented in 24-bit HD Audio
- Literally hundreds of pages of the most complete, in-depth Dungeon bio, history and memoirs, liner notes and lyrics, with dozens of rare photos and artwork
- Limited to 500 hand-numbered units worldwide
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
This is answered in-depth in a blog by LT, as well as other questions (such as "Are the original writers getting paid for this?" "Is this a blatant cash-grab?" "Who played on what?") but the short version is this:
From a business point of view, we are doing this to regain control of our rights and make sure the writers of these great songs get their well-deserved time in the spotlight. Due to labels folding or not really getting behind these albums the first time, a lot of this material was lost in the background noise. This release gives us the opportunity to give these songs a second chance, and hopefully for the ex-Dungeon members who wrote a lot of this material to see something back for all of their amazing work.
From an artistic point of view, while we've been proud of everything we've ever done and it was the best we could do at the time, there was always a desire to hear this done not just "as good as we could do" but "exactly as we always imagined it." Due to budget or technology restraints, there was always a level of compromise. This release answers the question: "What if it wasn't like that?"
And from a continuity point of view, we really consider Dungeon to be the first era of the band we're currently calling LORD. We still play the Dungeon back-catalogue live, and now with this being Dungeon's 25th anniversary, it was a good opportunity to expose new fans to these awesome old songs, and formally unite both eras of the band.